The Administration and Finance Department grants the highest quality service to the Centre through leadership of the professional practices and management of its infrastructure and all assets including administrative and financial resources such as providing administrative support for the Centre in its daily operations, overseeing budgeting and accounting, and developing and producing organizational analyses to assist in long-term strategic planning.
Alignment, Integrity, Collaboration, Quality, Efficiency and Effectiveness, Responsiveness and Professionalism are the core values of the Administration and Finance Department.
The main responsibilities of the department can be summarized as below:
- Being prudent in financial management, and in particular monitoring, evaluating and processing all transactions
- Maintaining and auditing the Centre’s accounts, preparing the annual budget proposals, managing the budgeting process, approving accounts payable, reconciling accounts, providing final accounts, preparing income-expenditure and other regular financial reports and management of the financial resources, assets and the annual budget of the Centre
- Ensuring that departmental and divisional resource plans are consistent with Centre’s priorities and norms; monitoring resource usage according to efficiency norms and emerging needs; supporting, coordinating and leading the implementation and evolution of management for development
- Responsible for the procurement of goods and services, setting-up and implementing sound processes and systems for the proper management of all assets and records
- Setting-up and implementing the administrative structures of the organization, including defining roles and responsibilities of departments and units within its authority
- Setting-up the administrative processes and systems, and continuously review these established processes and systems to ensure the proper functioning of the administration of the Centre
- Developing personnel policies and administering current personnel regulations and rules with a view to ensure that the Centre is served by competent and motivated staff